Want to write for Modern Heat?
Now's your chance!
Over at our sister blog, I Heart Presents, too gorgeous for words editor Joanne Carr has just revealed the most fantabulous writing contest aimed at those who desire nothing more than writing for our faaaaabulous line. Here's what she had to say...
"Based on the success of the Instant Seduction competition that we ran earlier this year, we have decided to call on all aspiring Modern Heat authors and are launching:
The FEEL THE HEAT writing competition!
- Email your first chapter and synopsis of a Modern Heat novel to: email@example.com by 15th September 2008.
- The WINNER receives an editor for a year!
- TWO RUNNERS-UP will be given critiques of their first chapter entries and an editorial telephone consultation!
- The winner will be announced October 1st 2008.
- The Modern Heat guidelines can be found here Writing Contest: Mills & Boon Modern Heat Writing Guidelines.
- Your entry must be aimed at Modern Heat
- Your entry must NOT have been submitted previously to Harlequin Mills & Boon
- Only ONE entry per person
- Submissions received after the closing date will NOT be assessed!
- More detailed legal rules will be posted at a later date."
Can I just say, wow!!! An editor for a whole year??? That is some prize kids. And you know what they say? You've got to be in it to win it! So get that first chapter polished, whip up a synopsis that will leave the editors smiling, fanning their cheeks and wanting more, and send it in.
And to give you a helping hand, Joanne has rounded us up and we, the Modern Heat authors, will be blogging at I Heart Presents between now and mid-September about all the reasons why we think Modern Heat is so great.
Labels: I Heart Presents