Harlequin Presents, Sexy Sensation, Mills and Boon Modern Heat

Julie Cohen :: Under the Spotlight

Booklist :: Bio :: Day in the Life :: Under the Spotlight :: Website :: eHarlequin :: Blog

~ Who was your first crush?

Paul McCartney. I remember looking at the line drawing cover of Revolver and thinking, “Whoa.” I was totally in love with him (circa 1964) all through high school and I pretty much blame him for the fact that I moved to England when I was old enough. Since my best friend and I used to write stories about ourselves having relationships with our celebrity crushes, I suppose it’s also Paul McCartney’s fault that I became a romance writer.

~ Who is your favourite fictional romantic hero?

Can I be a little bit weird and say Inigo Montoya from The Princess Bride? I mean, the man is obsessive--“My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die”-- but imagine that obsession and skill devoted to you. Wow.

And the man has real talent with a sword. Say no more.

~ Which is your favourite cover?

Delicious (UK)--not only because it has TWO NIPPLES (his ‘n’ hers) but because it was one of the first stories I ever wrote, so special to me, and I was thrilled to see it in print.

~ Do you have a favourite city in which you set your novels?

I love writing about London. I fell in love with the city when I first visited at age 16; it was so full of history, of people, of stories, and my dream was one day to live there. One of my favourite things to do, ever, is ride in a London black cab and look out the window...though when I’m feeling poor a bus will do nearly as well. I discover something new every time I go there, and I am constantly thrilled to be there, in the city of my dreams.

~ If you had a list of five celebrities you were allowed to snog who would they be?

Ewan McGregor. Cillian Murphy. John Cusack. Hugh Jackman. David Tennant. Eric Bana. Guy Pearce. Whoops, is that seven?

~ Who do you use as hero inspiration more than any other man?

I actually use a different man for each book. Maybe one day I will run out of good-looking men, but I certainly hope not...

Booklist :: Bio :: Day in the Life :: Under the Spotlight :: Website :: eHarlequin :: Blog

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home